Thursday 29 July 2010

The builders are here - day 20 & 21


Monday and Tuesday. The view up the drive is changing - that new high bit is to accommodate the stairs, and having stripped off the kitchen roof, and added new joists to strengthen it, it has now been re-roofed. The main thing to note is the sunshine - we aint had none since. And I wonder if any of you can tell me why builders have to eat 13 amp fuses - I mean loads of 'em.

While they are doing this I'm working from home.
Cramming 18 odd hours of work into a week at home is something I'm finding incredibly difficult. Maybe I'm too honest with my timekeeping(!) or something - but there are just so many distractions - and perhaps the overhead of running the goats is more tiring than I'd ever admit to Jussi? NEVER!
But I got a pay cheque yesterday. Over £600! I mean the luxury - getting this every month - riches. Hopefully the bank will come to the village tomorrow and I'll get it put away. Excitement!

2 comments:

townmouse said...

I know what you mean about work. I've just tried to do seven days work in a fortnight. Can't be done - not and keep up with the garden, the cycling, family, walking, blogging...

Of course back when I actually worked, I once calculated that only 2 hourse a day was spent actually doing something productive, once you'd stripped out reading emails, making coffee, answering the phone, doing other people's jobs for them...

The Speaking Goat said...

erm.....it sounds like your distractions are a whole lot more productive than mine!